The Grand Ledge Area District Library is a Class IV library in a thriving suburb west of Lansing with a service population of 16,000 people and annual operating budget of $750,000. We want your ideas on how to enhance our collections (90K items), draw new users to the library (70K annual visitors), and create new readers (98K annual circulation). Lots to do in Grand Ledge and the greater Lansing area (music, plays, arts, river, parks) and we love a parade!
Positions available (see below):
- Systems Specialist
Systems Specialist (Part-Time)
Major duties include:
- Managing and overseeing the development of the Library’s ILS (The Library Corporation) services to best assist our patrons and staff in utilizing library resources.
- Assist with website development and integration with library resources.
- Coordinate the technical services team to improve the library’s catalog. Duties include setting up maintenance schedules, deploying new modules, and implementing agreements with vendors.
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidates should be innovative and enthusiastic; be able to communicate effectively; know how to adapt to a fast-paced work environment; enjoy collaboration; and be able to serve the public cheerfully.
- Qualified candidates must possess a Bachelor’s degree in a field consistent with the responsibility of the position. A minimum of six months library experience is desired. A high degree of comfort using computers and searching the Internet is required. Experience working with automated systems is required.
- Preferred: Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution.
- Working experience with MARC, AACR2, RDA, and Bibframe preferred.
- Knowledge of WordPress, content management systems, and web development tools preferred.
SALARY: $14.00-18.00 per hour (negotiable based upon experience)
HOURS: 24 hours per week—schedule includes some evening hours. In addition, participate in weekend desk coverage on a monthly rotation.
BENEFITS: Limited benefits include annual paid personal time, life insurance/disability package, holidays, and 1% matching 457 retirement plan
SUBMIT: Please review our website and online catalog and include in your cover letter three suggestions or questions about our online resources, website structure, or collections. Please complete our GLADL employment application, and include contact information for three professional references as part of your resume.
APPLY TO: Lise Mitchell, Library Director, Grand Ledge Area District Library, 131 E. Jefferson, Grand Ledge, MI 48837, email@example.com
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position open until filled