The Grand Ledge Area District Library is a Class IV library in a thriving suburb west of Lansing with a service population of 16,000 people and annual operating budget of $750,000. We want your ideas on how to enhance our collections (90K items), draw new users to the library (70K annual visitors), and create new readers (98K annual circulation). Lots to do in Grand Ledge and the greater Lansing area (music, plays, arts, river, parks) and we love a parade!
Collections Specialist Librarian (Part-Time)
Major duties include managing and delivering technical services and Young Adult collection development. Click here for complete job description.
- QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution, as well as minimum of two years of professional experience in a public library environment.
- SALARY: $18.00 per hour
- HOURS: 24 hours per week—schedule includes 5-9pm Thursday night shift. In addition, participate in weekend desk coverage rotation.
- BENEFITS: Limited benefits include annual paid personal time, life insurance/disability package, holidays, and 1% matching 457 retirement plan
- SUBMIT: Letter of interest, completed GLADL employment application, three professional references and resume.
- APPLY TO: Lise Mitchell, Library Director, Grand Ledge Area District Library, 131 E. Jefferson, Grand Ledge, MI 48837, email@example.com
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: November 30, 2017, position open until filled
Library Substitute (Part-time)
The Grand Ledge Area District Library is looking for resourceful individuals to join our staff. Library Substitutes do not have a regular weekday schedule, but may be assigned day, nights or weekend hours and are employed to provide service in the absence of part-time employees. Work locations are at both library locations – Grand Ledge and Wacousta.
Substitutes are responsible for a wide variety of clerical activities and considerable communication with, and service to, library patrons to ensure a positive library experience. This position includes managing the circulation desk during assigned shifts, shelving and shelf reading of library materials, and other tasks as assigned.
Education & Experience: Education normally acquired through the completion of a high school degree. Previous library or customer service experience preferred. Must be able to file in alphabetical and numeric order and perform detail work with a high level of accuracy. Considerable experience with Windows, Internet browsers, and web applications desired as well as ability to quickly learn new software programs.
Application process: Please complete GLADL employment application and send to Attn: Library Director, GLADL, 131 E. Jefferson, Grand Ledge, MI 48837 or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax 517-627-6276.
Application deadline: Monday, November 20, 2017
An Equal Opportunity Employer.