The Grand Ledge Area District Library is a Class IV library in a thriving suburb west of Lansing with a service population of 16,000 people and annual operating budget of $750,000. We want your ideas on how to enhance our collections (90K items), draw new users to the library (70K annual visitors), and create new readers (98K annual circulation). Lots to do in Grand Ledge and the greater Lansing area (music, plays, arts, river, parks) and we love a parade!
Collections Specialist Librarian (Part-Time)
Major duties include managing and delivering technical services and Young Adult collection development. Click here for complete job description.
- QUALIFICATIONS: Master’s Degree in Library Science from an ALA-accredited institution. Preferred: two years of professional experience in a public library environment.
- SALARY: $18.00 per hour (negotiable based upon experience)
- HOURS: 24 hours per week—schedule includes 5-9pm Thursday night shift. In addition, participate in weekend desk coverage monthly rotation.
- BENEFITS: Limited benefits include annual paid personal time, life insurance/disability package, holidays, and 1% matching 457 retirement plan
- SUBMIT: Letter of interest, completed GLADL employment application, contact information for three professional references and resume.
- APPLY TO: Lise Mitchell, Library Director, Grand Ledge Area District Library, 131 E. Jefferson, Grand Ledge, MI 48837, email@example.com
- APPLICATION DEADLINE: Position open until filled