Kids bored at Home?These resources can help!
Early Literacy is more than reading — to develop strong minds we need use the 5 best practices of Early Literacy — playing, reading, singing, talking, and writing. Learn more about these 5 practices here.
Homework Help — GLADL and the Library of Michigan (mel.org) have many online resources to help. We are also collecting other websites that are family-friendly, educational, and fun too!
Early Literacy Resources
Having access to Storytime whenever and wherever you are is a great idea. Try these resources:
- Bookflix — Streaming Picture Books & read-to-me eBooks – PreK & up — FREE with your Library Card
- Storyline Online — Professional actors read aloud children’s books for FREE — Ages 3 & up
- Scholastic Watch & Learn® (Grades Prek-3) a collection of more than 230+ videos with real-world footage to build science, social studies, and social emotional background knowledge. Watch & Learn Library is fully available in both English and Spanish.
- Watch and Learn Free Trial
- User ID : wall46 Password : blue
- Valid until 4/25/2020
More Resources for games, activities, and how-tos
- PBS Kids — offers a weekday newsletter of activities and tips you can use to help kids play and learn at home. Sign up online. Lots more FREE resources also available through their Video and Game apps.
- Teach Your Monster to Read — Playful early literacy games from letter sounds to beginning reading. Free on computer/Paid App. — Ages 3 & up
- World Book Early Learning — FREE from the Michigan eLibrary — Follow Trek and Taffy the cat around the world. Share their love of colors, numbers, and other fun things. Come inside for stories and pictures. Ages PreK & Up
- Scholastic Teachables: Teachables Free Trial (Grades PreK –6) Scholastic Teachables provide over 25,000+ printable educational materials. These resources include; summer reading packs, leveled learning collections, leveled mini-books, skill sheets, projects, soft assessments, lesson plans, clip art and much more.
- User ID: schteachables46 Password: blue
- Valid until 4/25/2020
Working on Homework?
- Tutor.com — FREE with your Library Card — Tutor.com supports students through online, one-to-one on-demand tutoring, drop-off writing review, practice quizzes and skill drills, video lesson libraries, and The Princeton Review® SAT®/ACT® Essentials test prep. Tutors available 3pm to 10pm — 7 days a week.
- GLADL Overview of Online Resources — all of these resources are available from our home page gladl.org
- Argumentative Research Papers — does your 10th grader need help? — try these online resources
- Find more great resources on our School Tools page — magazine articles, enclyopedias, study help & preparing for exams
- GLPS Academic Resources
Look for more great suggestions throughout the library!
Holidays, Games, Activites, & Parties /
Non-fiction in 394 & 793